Monday, March 25, 2013

App Review: Candy Crush Saga


GGR Rating: 1 out of 4
Review:
Lately, I've been seeing ads in all my favorite apps about a game called Candy Crush. Curiosity finally got the best of me, so I decided to install it and give it try.

Candy Crush is a game that combines the fun of bejeweled with the whimsy of Candyland. Each level offers a different challenge and even the puzzle boards are uniquely shaped.

That being said, I couldn't help but realize Candy Crush was just a glorified Bejeweled. Combos to blast away extra pieces are fairly similar, and the concept is the exact same.

I was especially disappointed when I was asked to buy "Extra Moves" to complete the 8th round. If you're going spend money to complete Candy Crush level by level, you'd be better off paying the $0.99 upfront to play Bejeweled to your heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment