Monday, August 5, 2013

What's Trending: Falling Skies Season 3 Finale

Today's post is for our Falling Skies fans who were left shocked, confused and dismayed after last night's season finale. This season left us with a lot to think about, and I wanted to take a chance to summarize and give this season a proper ending.

There seemed to be an even amount of positive and negative feedback about the finale on Twitter yesterday. But even more so was the amount of confusion. I wasn't surprised Falling Skies left us with a cliffhanger, but some viewers were genuinely heated. To be fair, many of the long-standing questions were answered. We found out what happened to Anne and Lexi, the Volm finally revealed (some of) their plans, and Karen was finally blown away. The cliffhanger was obviously placed to make sure viewers come back for more and I know it left me eagerly waiting for season 4.

The way they left us wondering about Lexi didn't bother me at all. It was neat to see a glimpse of her powers and I felt the reunion between Tom and Anne was just what the finale needed. However, one of the few things that did bother me was the additional twist put into Hal and Maggie's relationship. Apologies ahead of time to the Haggie (or Mal?) fans out there, but the last minute hiccup seemed unnecessary. Their relationship has enough twists and turns without throwing Karen into the mix (again), and the scene added another bump to this tedious roller-coaster of a relationship. And while I can appreciate their romantic side story, I feel it's on its way overcoming the main plot.

After all was said and done, I'm content with the way the season ended. What do you think? Were you satisfied with the way the season ended or did it leave  Leave your comments below or hit us up on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment